Funny Halo 3 Productions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Follow Us!
AD

3/7/11: Defiant Map Pack

Go down

3/7/11: Defiant Map Pack Empty 3/7/11: Defiant Map Pack

Post  Creator Stewie2552 Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:43 am

As most people know by now, the Defiant map pack is NOT made by Bungie but is instead created through 343 Industries by Certain Affinity. The trailer for the map makes the map look incredibly detailed and perfect for some major big team battles.

But will people buy the maps?

For 800 M$ ($10), you get three new, original maps. One of which is a Firefight map. Many people have argued that the price isn't justified for only two "multiplayer" maps. Yes firefight is multiplayer but we are talking competitive. My argument on why the Halo map packs were worth more than the Call of Duty map packs always was the fact you can forge and play anything on them. With the edition of the firefight map that throws this out the window, at least for a third of the map pack.

I personally don't like or play Firefight. The main issue I have is being paired up with boosting people. Those people absolutely ruin the game for everyone else. That's another issue for another day. I also don't find it as fun as it was in ODST. I'm still unsure why. They did add the one playlist making it more like ODST but playing it, it just feels different. ODST deserves way more credit, but again that's another rant for another day, lol.

Overall will people buy these maps? That's an interesting question. Many people claim they will never buy a map pack until Bungie releases a TU (title update) to fix multiplayer. Bloom, melee, grenades, and the most scrutinized the armor abilities, specifically armor lock need to be fixed in my opinion. The fact there still hasn't been an update nor a response from Bungie about the claims have many people skeptical in Bungie's ability to run the game. Many people have just become fed up and left the game. The numbers don't lie. While a little under 600,000 players in the last 24hrs may be great, it is still nowhere near what Halo 3 was at relative to the time of release. Halo: Reach is ranked third most played game on XBOX LIVE beind Call of Duty Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2.

The map pack overall looks great and I am anticipating its' release on March 15th, 2011. What do you think of the new maps? Please leave your opinion on the matter! Thanks for reading,

Stewie2552
Funny Halo 3 Productions
Dark River Eclispe
Creator Stewie2552
Creator Stewie2552
Creator-Stewie2552
Creator-Stewie2552

https://funnyhalo3production.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

3/7/11: Defiant Map Pack Empty Re: 3/7/11: Defiant Map Pack

Post  tim Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:49 am

I thought you actually played them.